GILDENBURGH WATER IS OPEN
For queries, please phone 01733 351288 during opening hours.
OUTDOOR SWIMMING PRE-RESERVATIONS
DIVING & FREEDIVING PRE-RESERVATIONS AT
Please book online before your visit
We’re open all year round, and as a rough guide our current opening times are:
Monday to Sunday 8am – 4.00pm
Friday evenings until 9pm
Up-to-date times can be seen on the availability charts.
– Opening times are subject to change, depending on demand and government guidelines. Please check on the dive and swimming availability charts when making your booking.
Please note that as of 01 April 2022, some of the diving, equipment servicing and air fees will be changing. There has been no increase to these for the last 3 years, but we have no choice but to revise them for 2022. We will keep any increases to a minimum, and we remain committed to supporting our divers. Parking remains free to all Gildenburgh visitors.
Gildenburgh Water has been supporting UK Divers since 1960 and holds strong to this day!
Gildenburgh Water was the first and only National Inland Dive Site to be approved by the Sports Council. Located at Whittlesey – “The Gateway to the Fens” – near Peterborough in northern Cambridgeshire, it now offers a wide range of activities as well as diving.
- About Gildy. First British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) UK Centre of Excellence for diving, and chosen by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) for their instructor examinations in this part of the UK. It has been the home of the UK’s top-rated PADI dive centre – Dive In – since 1983, and thousands of non-divers learn to dive here every year.
- Dive Gildy. The lake has been a developing sanctuary for fish and lush plant life since 1945 when the former brickworks closed down. With varying depths from 1m to 22m, it is considered by many divers to be the best diving centre in the country. We have a very competitive, and great value membership system where you save £50 on every 10 entries for just £20 a year registration and £12 a year renewal.
- Contacts and Directions. Contact us and get directions to Gildy.
- Rescue Tips. Claim your FREE Gift from Gildy – “The Top 30 Rescue Tips You MUST Know BEFORE You Go Diving”.
- Dive Shop
- Swimming. Swimming is available during daylight hours all year round during normal site opening times.
- Photos & Videos.
- Enquiries. Want a quick reply to your enquiry? Please telephone us on 01733 351288 or email email@example.com .