Gildenburgh Water is the only National Dive Site between Dunfermline and Dover! Yet divers come from even further afield, including the Seychelles and Thailand, to dive in our lake!
All 2015 and renewed 2016 Gildy members will now have a pdf member card with their photo and an expiry date on it. Please remember to bring this card with you on your visits to the Lake, as it will be the only proof of membership that we will accept entitling you to reduced entry fees.
Gildenburgh Water was the first and only National Inland Dive Site to be approved by the Sports Council. Located at Whittlesey – “The Gateway to the Fens” – near Peterborough in northern Cambridgeshire, it now offers a wide range of activities as well as diving.
- About Gildy. First British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) UK Centre of Excellence for diving, and chosen by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) for their instructor examinations in this part of the UK. It has been the home of the UK’s top-rated PADI dive centre – Dive In – since 1983, and thousands of non-divers learn to dive here every year.
- Dive Gildy. The lake has been a developing sanctuary for fish and lush plant life since 1945 when the former brickworks closed down. With varying depths from 1m to 22m, it is considered by many divers to be the best diving centre in the country.
- New Opening Times. We are now on our September-February opening times. The only difference is we now close at 4:30pm on Monday to Thursday. Opening times for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the same as always, and we are still open 7 days every week except around Christmas.
- Contacts and Directions. Contact us and get directions to Gildy.
- Rescue Tips. Claim your FREE Gift from Gildy – “The Top 30 Rescue Tips You MUST Know BEFORE You Go Diving”.
- Casual Diver or Member? Just look at the benefits we offer our members
- Dive Shop
- Swimming. Swimming is available during daylight hours all year round during normal site opening times.
- Photos & Videos.
- Enquiries. Want a quick reply to your enquiry? Please telephone us on 01733 351288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .